Monday, September 23, 2013

The Artist's Way

Have you heard of the book, "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron?  It is a 12-week program for people wanting to discover and heal their inner artist. She has all kinds of useful information in the chapters, and then ends each chapter with tasks to do over the course of the week.  Over the years, I have read this book more times than I can remember.  The last time I went through it, I gathered a couple of my friends to join me.  It was a great experience to work together with others on this journey.  Having others there held me accountable to carry through on the tasks, provided more insights and perspectives, and a built-in support network.

With my background in psychology, years of teaching music, working through this system on my own, and currently taking Julia's ideas in my own direction through writing a journal on becoming more positive, I am offering to be a guide as others work their way through "The Artist's Way."  Together we will examine your beliefs on being an artist, and help to get you to a place where you can embrace your creative self.  We will use the book as a launching pad to get in touch with your inner artist, and living a more creative life.
                              -Joy Ciaffoni, co-founder of Primo Art Spa

This class will be offered on Thursdays from 11-12:30 (first meeting 10/17) Feel free to bring a sack lunch.
Cost for this 12-session class is $120 (book not included)
This class is offered through the Primo Art Spa in Brainerd, Mn.
Please e-mail Joy at: primoartspa@gmail.com to sign-up.





No comments:

Post a Comment